Monday, July 6, 2015

Blog #2 Work Readiness Skills

Of the work readiness skills I think I have succeeded highly in dedication, professionalism, and honesty. I am very dedicated to what I am doing at my internship. I know that I want to have a career in the medical field in the future so it makes me feel very excited and honored to get the chance to get a feel for it in High School. I feel as though I have demonstrated professionalism in my internship because of my tardiness, grooming, and attitude. All of these have helped me in the success of my internship so far. I feel as though I have also been very honest. I have consistently been honest with myself and everyone I have had the chance to work with. I have also found myself consistently doing the right thing.

One skill I think I can work on would be communication. I am great at communicating in general with all people but at the internship I find my self struggling with asking questions. I do ask many questions with whoever it is I am working with in the internship but I find myself holding back from asking many questions. I am afraid that I will be wasting their time by asking them a question that in my head I think is stupid. I think I just need to work on building confidence with asking questions because that will aim me towards success not only in my internship but in my future.

1 comment:

  1. Asking questions is never a waste of time. If anything, it will show that you are curious and interested in what you are doing. This seems to be the case so you should ask as many questions as possible.

    ReplyDelete