Monday, July 20, 2015

Blog #4

...
......
I'm just gonna sit in my corner and mope now...
Why is the future so expensive...
(List of resources on bottom of page)

So if I thinks ahead 10 years into the future I... will still be in school... well more like going into my second year of a Anatomic Pathology Residency. My annual salary while in residency, the average, will be $58, 914 for three-four years then I will move onto a fellowship, hopefully.

Nooooooow thinking backwards... School costs are expensive and very disheartening... First, I will go to a JC for two years (take that Mr. Morales, you do have slackers in this class!!!) then I will transfer over to a four year collge. Finally, after that I will, hopefully, get into Med School (Yes, I am planning on ditching my slacker ways... tomorrow (darn you procatinating ways)). By doing a rough estimate the total cost of school, only not including housing, will be around $203,984... I'm not even going to go into student loans costs, that will make me even more downtrodden... Thankfully I am lucky and my Grandparents have set a college fund in place and that will... hopefully... take away some of that cost... hopefully...

Anyway if I look to the future and start planning for retirement, by using my amazing mathematical skills, I should put away at least $18,000 a year after I achieve my job, approximently age 33. By age 65, but who are we kidding the age of retirement will probably be around 75 when we get that age, I will have about $600,000 in saving, not including intestrest (which hopefully will be doubling the money invested each year, which I know is impossible but can't someone dream!!!)

For yearly spending... I have no idea... it will widely depend on the state I end up going to, somewhere on the East Coast, and the starting salary will also depend on where I land and the job salary I gain, as it also varies like with every job. As for my rainy day fund.. whatever isn't a necessity such as lights, water, food, and housing. I am a big believer in saving for emergencies and can be extremely frugal... when I want to be...

Farewell till I write on you again,
Sarah
(I'm just going to fall asleep in the corner now out of sadness... why does life have to be so expensive Q-Q)

Links de le Information-
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/bucks/2012/09/12/suggested-retirement-savings-goals-by-age/?referrer=

http://www.bestmedicaldegrees.com/is-medical-school-worth-it-financially/

http://www.bestmedicaldegrees.com/is-medical-school-worth-it-financially/

http://www.collegecalc.org/colleges/new-york/cuny-john-jay-college-of-criminal-justice/

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/pathology-resident-salary-SRCH_KO0,18.htm

Hopefully I got all of the links down. Curse you virus infested computer, why did you make me do this on a phone!!! (Ahhhhh talking to imaginary objects, amazing show of mental health).

No comments:

Post a Comment