Thursday, July 16, 2015

Blog #4

  • The total of my future expenses each year will probably be around $35,000-40,000, if I were living in a good area of the city of San Francisco, taking public transportation, perhaps sharing the rent of the apartment with someone else, and not living a life with many unnecessary luxuries, if not, just what a person needs to live comfortably. I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are a relative living in San Francisco and website http://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/san-francisco.
  • According to salary.com I can likely count on making less than $259,790 each year in my future job as a Emergency Physician. My education/training to get that job will cost $207,686 -- which includes outlays like living expenses and books (at public medical schools), according to the Association of American Medical Colleges.
  • I want to save $35,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $10,000 for retirement each year. If I save $10,000  for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $370,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think I have to study hard and get good grades to get a scholarship and help pay the medical career, but eventually it will all be worth.

1 comment:

  1. Depending on what you plan on doing after retirement, you may want to save more than 10,000 a year. You'll want to have enough money after retirement for everyday living expenses and extra for special occasions and traveling.

    ReplyDelete