Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Blog #2: Work Readiness Skills

Although I haven't started my internship, one work readiness skill that can be really helpful to me is how to use a computer well because I believe that during my internship I will be doing a lot of computer work attaching in files and organizing appointments for patients. For me, It is very important to know how to work on technology in general in case if my supervisor or at anytime someone wants me to handle a computer..

Another work readiness skill that helps is professionalism. At the Marin Community Clinics, where I will be doing my internship, people there are wearing somewhat of business-like clothing. It is important to act and dress professionally to be taken seriously and also be respected. In relation to respect, being respectful is very important so you can be treated as equally as they treat each other at the internship. To me it is very important to arrive 15 minutes early to the internship so you have to be prepared and ready instead of being rushed in and getting started right away probably not knowing what to do.

I think i need to improve on communicating more with other. I only communicate when someone comes at me first and talks to me. I am a very shy person and i tend to stay quiet and not really ask any questions when i do. Once i start my internship, i plan on communicating with the people who work at the front desk and with patients as well. I hope by the end of my internship i will be able to improve on my communication and be a little less shy when it comes to meeting new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment