Saturday, July 25, 2015

Blog Post #5: Grateful

Class: I am very grateful that I took this class. I learned so much abut finances and business that I wouldn't have learned anywhere else. Sometimes my dad will teach me little lessons here and there about careers and finances, but this class made me really understand how the finance world worked better than other source. I thought it was really great how we had to fill out real life applications, write a resume and a cover letter. I'm grateful that we had to actually fill them out instead of just listening to a lecture about them. The class was very hands on. I'm really grateful that we set up a LinkedIn account, because I didn't think it was a big part in the business world. I am also grateful that this class helped me discover more about myself. The way book tests were a really great way to see my strengths and weaknesses on a chart, and where I can improve.

Internship: I am also very grateful to have been given the opportunity to work at Marin Generals Human Resources Department. When I applied for the internship, I didn't think I was going to get in. But I am so glad that I did. It gave me a real life setting of what HR does, and showed me what direction I wanted to go. I realized that I don't want to go into the business side of the medical field, but instead be a doctor. I am also very grateful for this experience because I had to dress professionally everyday I worked, so it really felt like a job. It was great how the business and finance class went hand in hand with the internship. I worked on the all the work readiness skills and tried to improve on at least at one of them each day. I am so happy that we had to take the class and internship because we applied everything I learned in the class to my internship.

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same way, I'm so grateful for the aspect of financial education

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with not wanting to go into the business side of medicine and although those blue files were a pain, I think they helped us both decide that we didn't enjoy the business side. Hopefully you can get involved with the medical side next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also felt that after working on the administrative side of medicine (at Hospice Heartland), I would much prefer to be a doctor. I know it will still include a lot of paperwork, but in general, I think it would be much more interesting. Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete