Friday, July 17, 2015

Blog #4

  • The total of my future expenses each year (10 to 15 years from now) are $55,000 to $60,000 if I were to live in San Francisco as a single person in an apartment. I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are http://cost-of-living.startclass.com/l/60/San-Francisco-CA-Metro-Area. I used the statistics for a family of one parent and one child, but I figured out some of the expenses I would associate with having a child. I will probably wait to start a family until I can start living comfortably with a steady source of income.
  • According to http://www1.salary.com/CA/San-Francisco/Physical-Therapist-salary.html I can likely count on making $97,000 each year in my future job as a physical therapist if I were to live and work in San Francisco. However the national average is around $80,000. It all depends on where I work. My education/training to be a physical therapist will cost $130,000 to $180,000 total for all years of training.   
  • I want to save $3,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $5,000 for retirement each year. If I save $5,000 for retirement each year after I turn 25 years old, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $200,000 plus interest.   
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that life is going to be expensive! It is scaring me. I expect to be very stressed out in the future, especially when I am trying to pay off student loans while also paying for everyday expenses. Although the future freaks me out, I am hopeful that if I put in the hard work, it will one day pay off.

2 comments:

  1. It is going to be very challenging, and I'm also freaking out. My expenses are already making me nervous. I like the fact that you included where you want to live, because that can also have an impact on your expenses! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't this experience really helped us to plan out budgets and things like this? and I know all the work will pay off for you because you are an extraordinary individual! Me, idk, haha just kidding.

    ReplyDelete