Sunday, July 26, 2015

What I am grateful for


Internship:
Interning at Marin General gave me insight about what it will be like to work in the medical field in the future.  I know I for sure want to become a doctor so I can help patients in the hospital.   Besides learning about medical professions, I learned about myself.  I found out that I like to be different and that I am a curious person.  I definitely saw this during my internship when I asked lots of questions in order to find out more about the medical field.  I was able to use work readiness skills in order to succeed at my internship.  Throughout the entire time, I was professional and I showed good communication skills.  I know I will be ready for my next internship because I acquired many skills that I will be able to use.  I was extremely fortunate to have an internship at a hospital.  I know they are very tough to get, and I am grateful for everything I learned.

Class:
I would have not been as successful as I was at my internship without taking this class.  The work readiness skills we learned on the first day of class prepared me very well for my first day at my internship.  Paying attention to the details of the skills and how they apply to everyday situations really does matter and it can help.  Not only did I learn many skills that will continue to help me with future jobs, now I also have a cover letter, a resume, a website and a Linkdin profile.  These will definitely come in handy when I apply for my next job.  I am extremely glad that I learned these skills early.  I also really enjoyed on reflecting on our personalities and our strengths and weaknesses.  Taking the different surveys and answering questions helped me discover more about myself and what type of person I am.  

1 comment:

  1. Very good response! I can definitely relate to the point you made about how you learned about yourself from your internship.

    ReplyDelete