Sunday, July 5, 2015

Blog Post #2 work Readiness Skills


I have done a great job at demonstrating professionalism.  So far I have spent 2 weeks at my internship.  Each time I arrive early and I am dressed appropriately.  I also do a mental checklist to make sure I have everything with me in order to be successful.  One of the days I took a trip to the hospital with one of the doctors I work with.  As we toured the hospital, I was able to meet lots of important people and doctors.  Each time I met someone I made sure that I spoke loudly and clearly when introducing myself and that I made solid eye contact with each person I met.

I have also done a great job with always making sure that I am doing any task at the best of my abilities.  Whether I am filing, putting together packets or helping people renew their CPR certificates, I make sure I am always working hard.  One of the days when I was working, I was putting together packets for one of the orientations, it would have been easy to slow down the process or get distracted, but I made sure I was focused the entire time and that all the packets were made correctly.

One characteristic I can improve on is speaking up and acting less shy at certain time.  When I was touring the hospital, I was extremely excited.  I asked questions as we toured each section, but next time I am in the hospital I would like to be more confident and ask more questions.


4 comments:

  1. It is great that you are trying your best on your work/internship. Also, I can relate to not ask as many questions as you would of liked to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to not asking as many questions while im interning. But it's fantastic that you're trying your hardest at your internship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to not asking as many questions while im interning. But it's fantastic that you're trying your hardest at your internship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's so cool that you were able to meet some important people in the hospital! I hope you are able to ask all the questions you have in the future!

    ReplyDelete