Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Blog 4

If my goals go as I plan them right now, the following will be around the total expense for education and living in California comfortably. I'm only considering myself as singly making my own living and not considering the idea that I might have a family by then or whatever. The prices below are estimates because of the fact that I might attend different colleges (with varying tuitions) and earn financial aid. etc.

  • The total of my future expenses each year are around $324,000 - including education as an undergraduate and pharmacy school if that is still my desired path, also including the average expenses for a California citizen as according to the "Living Wage Calculator" on livingwage.mit.edu - a site that logically states average expenses and wages for those living within a specific area. 
  • According to <payscale.com> I can likely count on making around $120,000 each year in my future job as a Pharmacist.  My education/training to get that job will cost about $180k total (not including undergraduate) for all years of training.
  • After reading a very nice article on <nerdwallet.come> I decided I would like to save around $1-2,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and at least $20,000 for retirement each year.  If I save at least $20,000 for retirement each year (starting at age 27), by the time I am 65 years old I will have a minimum of $760,000 plus interest. (considering if I were to stay single and without family for my whole life, I would raise the $20k to have a more comfortable living upon retirement. I hope that's not the case!)
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me realize the reality of what my future holds, and look at my goals not so much as fancies for what I want to do, but actually realities that can happen if I set my mind to achieving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment