Saturday, July 25, 2015

Blog Post #5

I am so grateful for all the learning experiences I've had this summer. I was impressed with the work we did in the classroom. I often feel I'm wasting my time in classrooms, but I the Work Readiness Class was useful to me. I thought it was helpful to work on getting to know myself and think about setting goals before I have to start applying to college. Work Readiness class came just in time for me to learn how to be professional and how to be an adult before I'm on my own.

I'm grateful for my internship because it provided me with a place to practice what I learned in class. I had to stay on top of all my work readiness skills. But more than that I was able to learn a lot about Hospice. My day shadowing the social worker was really important to me. She gave me a new insight into what she really does, what it's like to take care of and communicate with someone who is dying and may not be able to express themselves in words. I admired her perspectives and I'm very grateful to her.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the skills we learned in the class will definitely help us in the future!

    ReplyDelete