Monday, July 20, 2015

Blog #4

  • The total of my future expenses each year are $150,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are http://www.thesimpledollar.com/how-the-average-american-family-spends-their-income-and-how-to-trim-it/.
  • According to http://work.chron.com/average-neonatal-nurse-salary-7415.html I can likely count on making $90,860 each year in my future job as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.  My education/training to get that job will cost roughly $126,000- $140,000 total for all years of training.
  • I want to save $30,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $300,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $300,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $600,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think about how important it is to start saving money and having a budget now. This will help me in the future because if I learn how to save my money now I will be less likely to burn all of my hard earned cash that needs to be used for important things.  

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking about neonatal nursing as well! God luck!

    ReplyDelete