Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blog #5

These past six weeks have been some of the most helpful and influential weeks in my entire life, and I am so incredibly grateful for that. My internship has not only prepared me for the workplace, but it has helped me expand as a person. My time at Novato Community Hospital showed me how the hospital operates, what necessities there are to keep the hospital functioning perfectly, and what revolves around a doctor in a hospital. I worked with a team of professional employees who regularly are affiliated with hospital paperwork, and building positive relationships with them and regularly having friendly conversations with them help me to become better, in terms of my communication skills. These friendly relationships can also benefit in the future when I apply for a job because they can potentially assist me with the application process. When I started my first day, I thought that my job was pointless, only scanning papers for what felt like hours on end. However, as I progressed, I realized that without my work, the hospital would not be functioning as it was, mainly due to the fact that a lot of doctors would be put on the spot because of lost files. The pressure situations combined with the friendly atmosphere showed me not to take everything for granted and to keep an open mind when approaching a new experience.

The class that we took during the internship was almost as much help as the internship itself. I am extremely grateful that I had an incredible, professional teacher, Mr. Morales, to guide me and my peers through the six weeks. Without his leadership, I would probably still be looking strangely at LinkedIn, because he taught us how valuable of a tool that actually is. His lessons helped me to open up my eyes and mind even further, especially through the Waybook. The Waybook was what made me start to question things, and it opened up my mind to the thought of a new perspective on my life. His lessons were great and with this I express my gratitude to him.

1 comment:

  1. I got an important information from your site Sarkari Result It is useful to me thank you for your good information.

    ReplyDelete