Monday, July 13, 2015

Blog #3

Hello amigos or amigas or... I don't know a lick of Spanish... GO FRENCH CLASS!!!! As one can easily see, this blog post is late... oh so terribly late and this time I do not have an excuse. I guess this just tells me that I have to work harder on my goal, of not procrastinating...

Soooooo I have big dreams, big dreams indeed for one such as I, someone seasoned in the art of slacking. Yet, I know what type of job I want! Yes! Success! For the first step of achieving your dream, job, etc. is to figure out... What it is in the first place! I have laid out a plan for the future, short-term goal accomplished! Yet I suppose if the blog post is to be about possible jobs for the future with the majors we want (checks assignment sheet, yup that's pretty much what it is asking). I have several steps, education wise, to reach my current dream job, forensic pathologist, so I will put careers I can gain after each step of my journey... Should it be called a journey?... Oh well I don't care I shall call it a journey!

My first step is to gain a major which will fit all the requirements for Med School and for that I have picked out a Forensic Science major, ooooooo so very cool.If I want to stop there, four years, I could become a Forensic scientist. The pay is from $32,200 to $85,210 with the median pay of $52, 840. I don't believe that location factors into the pay range greatly due to the nature of the job, the large amount of travelling, The type of people which may enter it are those who are adept at problem solving, detail oriented, and willing to pull long hours. While this was not a job I have researched in great depths before, I don't hold a great desire to do so at this moment.

The next step in the plan is Med School, so I suppose if I enjoy something else more while within it I can easily pick out a different profession at this point. I suppose I could become an ER Doctor, then I would have to go through a three year residency, causing this job to be attainable in 11 years. The salary starts from around $101,000 to around $405,000 with the median pay of $203,852, yet that is just overall. If you work with a government agency or nonprofit your salary will be greatly less. The ideal emergency room doctor would be efficient, critical thinker, and resistant to stress. While I have looked over this job several times, I do not believe it would best suit myself due to the large stress you will/would gain from the profession.

Lastly the job I want, is to become a forensic pathologist. It would take around 12 years, at least, to become a forensic pathologist. After one graduates from Med School you must enter a pathology residency, 3-4 years, then a forensic pathology fellowship, for 1-2 years. The salary is from $105,000 to $500,000, which all depends on your location because where you live greatly affects the salary. The type of person which would suit this job is someone science oriented, thick skinned, methodical, and willing to work long hours.

If I end up following through with my current aspirations then... I have a lot of work ahead of me. Yet if the job would be as fulfilling to me, then it is worth it. To me it would feel like to bring justice to those who have passed and not allow those who are innocent to unfairly go to jail. I want to be able to help the police figure out what happened by giving them clues through autopsies and evidence for the trials.

This post wasn't very entertaining to read, for those who have... :(
(Goes and sits in the corner of doooooooom)
I HAVE FORSAKEN THEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With that I say farewell, till I write on you again.

Sarah Stillman

3 comments:

  1. For starters, GO FRENCH. Secondly, if you have a greater fascination for forensic pathology, then you should aim for that career regardless of the training. The studying will seem exhausting but when it comes to the job you will be doing for the rest of your life, you'll want to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got everything planned. Way to go! I hope you'll achieve your goals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan set up and I hope works out well!

    ReplyDelete