Sunday, July 26, 2015

Blog #5

Class:

I am very grateful for my involvement in this class. This class has fully prepared me for what to expect when looking for any careers I would like to pursue. I would not know how to create a well written resume or cover letter or any of that sort of professional stuff. Without this class, I would not be familiar with any of the top ten skills needed in order to be successful in a workplace. However, aside from all the professionalism, this class more importantly taught me about myself. All those little quizzes and tests we took to determine our strengths and goals and values, I thought initially was a waste of time but now I realize they really do help me in the long run of visualizing who I am and what I want to become.

Internship

Although I can't necessarily speak for my whole entire internship experience, for it is a story not yet finished, I can say that I have learned so far what it's like being part of the medical system here in the U.S. Working in the lab, with all the science and the running of the tests aside, gave me an actual visualization of what responsibilities I need to undertake if I choose basically any career that the environment involves a real hospital with real patients that I would really be taking care. Had you asked me before hand if I would undertake such a big responsibility, a human life in the care of my hands, I would be terrified of all the mishaps, the mistakes I could make, that could harm the person I vowed to help more than it would harm me, but now I feel confident, with however much confidence a week could give me, and for that, so far, I truly am proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment