Saturday, July 25, 2015

Blog #5

I am very grateful for all of the experiences I've gotten to have this summer in both this class and my internship. They have both taught me a lot about myself, as well as many lessons and skills that will definitely come in handy in the future.

Class:
I am so grateful that I got to be part of this class this summer, even if it only was once a week for six weeks. It really helped me get ready to join the professional world by teaching me how to write a cover letter, resume, fill out a job application, and introducing me to linked in. I know that everything that I learned in this class will be so vital for me in the future, so I am so grateful that I got to be a part of it and learn and practice all of these new lessons this summer. I also learned the importance of setting goals for myself, and how they can help keep me on track to a achieve what I want. I am confident that now I will have an upper hand on my peers when applying for jobs and creating resumes because of everything that I learned in this class, and that is something that I'm very grateful for.

Another reason I am grateful that I got to be part of the class this summer was because it taught me so much about myself. Through all of the Waybook tests and discoveries, I learned so much more about myself and my personality, passions, and values. This class also got me thinking in a lot greater depth what I really want my future to look like and the steps I can take to achieve these goals. The long term planning exercises and blogs that required me to think 10 or 15 years into the future really gave me a reality check and required me to reconsider and really think through what I want for myself.

Internship:
I am so grateful for having the opportunity to intern at Marin General in the Center for Integrative Health and Wellness this summer. Although the internship wasn't what I had expected at first, it was so much fun, and I met so many amazing people. During my internship, I did a lot of administrative work and helped out many different people in the department with their projects. This helped show me that although it was a great experience and a lot of fun, I'd rather be doing something in the hospital that is more hands on than administrative work. Overall, it was an amazing internship, and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work with the people in that department this summer, because I made a lot of connections and learned a lot about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment