Monday, July 6, 2015

Blog #2: Work Readiness Skills

Positive:

I have used the work readiness skill of acting with diligence at my internship at Marin General Hospital. So far at my internship, my supervisor has been busy so she mostly just gives me documents to type up. Those documents were tips for doctors about adjusting to new regulations that are going to be enforced in October. For these documents, the formatting must be exactly right or there could be problems. Therefore, whenever I had questions on anything, I made sure to ask and correct anything that I had done wrong. 

Another skill that I used at my internship was professionalism. In Marin General, the dress code is very strict and must always be followed. Everyone has to wear formal outfits and shoes that cover your toes. I am diligently following the dress code and make sure that I am always clean and neat when going to work. Another way I show professionalism is arriving at my internship either early or on time. I make sure that I am never late so that I don't inconvenience my supervisor. 

Negative:

The skill that I believe I must work on is communication skills. I have always been shy and therefore unable to comfortablely speak to new people that I meet. At my internship I meet many people and because of my shyness I don't find it easy to talk to them. I hope to improve my communication skills at my internship and be able to speak easily to all the new people that I am meeting. 








No comments:

Post a Comment