Friday, July 24, 2015

Blog #5: Grateful

This summer has given me some amazing opportunities and experiences that I would never have gotten if it weren't for this class and this internship. I learned so much, met new people, and discovered more about myself.

Class
Although this class was only once a week for six weeks, I learned almost as much as a whole semesters worth of material. Coming into this class I didn't really know much about resume's and cover letters and I especially wasn't very knowledgable about finance. I learned how to be career-ready and I gained some work readiness skills that will help me in my future as well. The most important thing I learned through this class was probably about myself. We set goals and took many tests that showed us who we are and what are skills are. I determined my passions and personality, and it opened my eyes to the different opportunities that I can benefit from with these skills.

Internship
This internship was one of the greatest learning experiences I have ever had. I came into the internship thinking that I would just be making copies and filing papers, but I got to experience a whole a lot more. In the beginning I started out doing administrative things, but towards the end I got to see surgeries and shadow different doctors. I saw lung, spine, and hip surgeries, and I also got to spend one day in the ICU helping the nurses. I experienced a hospital routine and the daily lives of doctors, and it made me want to become a doctor SO bad! There's nothing else I can imagine myself doing. I am so thankful for this internship and now I want to do as many things as I can in the hospital, even if it's just volunteering.

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool that you got to work in the ICU. That's also cool that you figured out what you want to do now. Good work this summer and good luck with your career in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really awesome! The medical field is also one of my fields of interest, and it is really amazing, honestly. Seeing surgeries seems really cool! Best of luck in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it's really awesome how much this summer and your internship impacted you and helped you decide what you want in your future! As for the internship class, the things that you were grateful for were definitely a lot of the same things that I felt grateful for, especially in terms of learning a lot about yourself and helping be prepared to enter the professional world. I'm so glad that you learned so much this summer, and good luck with the future!

    ReplyDelete