Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Blog Post #2

For starters, I apologize for writing this post late, but this is only because I have only just started my internship. I will start off with the way that I have used professionalism, one of the Work Readiness Skills listed. I have used professionalism, in the way that I dress and communicate with those around me. During my orientation at Novato Community Hospital, I took notice of how people had dressed. They dressed sharply, and I decided to, in a sense, mimic the dress code. This had impacted me positively because it made it so that my supervisor and coworkers would treat me more like a "real" employee. It also let them know that I have general knowledge about the unofficial dress code, which made me seem more well-rounded.

Another way I used one of the Work Readiness Skills is through good communication with my supervisor. Since I work in the Medical Offices, I have to deal with sensitive files, pertaining mainly to the doctors' private information. I often have questions that I ask my supervisor, just so I make sure that everything gets scanned in the proper order, and gets saved in the right place. Effective communication skills are necessary, because without them, there might be errors that could come back and have negative effects on me and on those around me.

One of the negative things that I can think off right off the bat is attentiveness. This, I think, spurs from the fact that I do not get enough sleep and I am not exactly fully awake when I get to work. I have tried to work on my sleeping habits, and they are improving. The lack of attentiveness in the field that I am in has lead to me not properly catching every bit of information that was given to me, and it led to a mix up. This, thankfully, only happened once, and from that point, I have been more attentive and I did not make such a mistake as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment