Monday, July 6, 2015

Blog Post #2: Work Readiness Skills

Positive:

One work readiness skill that was really helpful in my internship is knowing how to use a computer well because my supervisor is going to make me work on Project. She wants me to organize some topics she is working on for the hospital for risk management. It is very important for me to know how to work on technology in general in case if my supervisor wants me to work on other things.

Another work readiness skill that helps is professionalism. At Marin General Hospital everyone around me is wearing business-like clothing and in order to be taken seriously, it is important to act  and dress professionally. Also, arriving on time and being respectful is very important. On my first day of my internship my supervisor took me on a tour around the hospital and introduced me to people and doctors. To each person, I introduced myself and spoke loudly and gave them direct eye contact.

Negative:

One skill that I can improve on would be communication. I am a shy person and usually don't ask many questions. Since I don't know anyone very well at the hospital it is intimidating for me to talk or ask questions. I know in the future I will be more confortable and be more communicative.

1 comment:

  1. Organization is a great skill to have! Professionalism will help you gain respect from your colleagues. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete