Monday, July 20, 2015

BLog #4 future spendings

  • The total of my future expenses each year are about $70,000.  This includes renting an apartment in San Francisco, transportation, food, clothing and activity expenses. I know this is logical because my primary source for information is https://smartasset.com/mortgage/what-is-the-cost-of-living-in-san-francisco.  
  • According to http://www1.salary.com/CA/San-Francisco/Pediatric-Physician-salary.htmlI can likely count on making $220,000 each year in my future job as a pediatrician. 4 years of Medical School at UCSF will cost about $130,000.  As I first begin my job as a pediatrician out of my residency, I expect to make about $135,000.  
  • I want to save $21,000 for my rainy day fund each year by saving 10% of my pay check each month ($1800).  By saving 15% of my pay check each month, I will save $32,000 a year for retirement.  If I start to save $32,000 each year when I am 26 years old and out of medical school, then by the time I am 65 years old I will have $ 1,248,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think how important it is to learn to budget and save your money each month when you are young.  If you learn to budget when you are young, it will help you when you are much older.  In case something happens, you will always have savings.  

5 comments:

  1. Are planning to also go to college in the city? That may or may not affect your budget plan but it may be something you take into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan to save is very well thought out and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a good start that you want to save money each month while you're still young

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart idea to save so much of your pay check, and if something happens you can maybe take some money out of your retirement. (Wait, can you actually do this?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. smart ideas and your plans are very well thought out

    ReplyDelete