Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Work Readiness Skills

Success:

Honesty

I used one of my work readiness skills, which was honesty, at my internship in the last couple of days. I used honesty when I was asked to pull up a patients X rays on one of the computers. To be able to do that one of my bosses had to sign into the program but she wasnt in the room and I didnt know where to start looking for her. Instead of running around the section of the hospital where I work at I just sat staring at the computer waiting for her to get back. When she got back she asked if I had pulled the X rays, I had to be honest and explain to her that I hadnt been able to. She completely understood and just logged into the system for me. 

Professional

Another work readiness skill I used was professionalism. Sometimes working in the casting room can be a little chaotic. You see impatient, crying children but you also see irritable adults that do not want to be there. When you work with these people you need to have patience to work with them. It can get hard at times but you shouldnt show that to the patients.

Held Me Back:

Diligence

Sometimes I forgot to do certain things like get the papers for the doctors or cleaning up the beds. After a patient leaves I get wrapped up in thinking about what their injury that I forget to clean up the bed.

Dedication

Sometimes I'll take a little long to get ready and I'll be late by a couple of minutes. It never gets in the way of what anyone is doing but it's something I need to work on.  




No comments:

Post a Comment