Monday, July 27, 2015

Blog #5

      All the experiences I've had in this class have made me grateful for the opportunity of not only being able to do an internship this summer, but for being able to take this class itself. It has given me a small taste of real-life. I think one of my favorite things we did in this class was when we were required to keep track of the money we spent vs. our income. It really had an impact on me and made realize how important budgeting is. As for my internship, my favorite thing was shadowing the medical assistants and the doctors. I got to watch a a procedure called a pretibial bursa treatment. Now that I have taken this course, I have a clearer understanding of how to carry out basic steps for acquiring a job and how to act professionally once you have acquired it. .  
       During the five week period we used an online site called Waybook. This is a site created to aid people in the adventure of self-discovery. The  result that stuck in my head the most was my result for "agreeableness." It stated that I 'neither tend to agree or disagree with people and I don"t always necessarily think about the other person's feelings before I speak. This surprised me because I had always thought I made a great effort to think about the other person's feelings in a conversation.
   We analyzed current work readiness skills. The most important one to me was honesty. Like in most cases in life, honesty is usually the best and most correct way to go 
    We learned how to use a ton of different sites, including the above mentioned Waybook. We also used Google Sites,Linkedin, and Blogger.
    I consider myself very lucky to have had this opportunity, knowing that there are not many studets who even have an option to something like this. The internship was already a blessing, but this class teaches students so much about life and getting where you want to be; It helps you set goals and what you plan to do to get there; It opens up the minds of adolescants and helps us realize that we are not children anymore, but young adults, and that there are classes (and people,) that asre willing to help us make that stressing transition

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you; the class and our individual internships were really blessings! Also, it's great that you saw procedures and operations in your internship that taught you about the field :)

    ReplyDelete