Monday, July 20, 2015

Expenses and Financial Planning

  • The total of my future expenses each year is $50,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It suggests that the average cost of living is 20,000 per person per year, but I horseback ride and I live in California so I added more to my average cost of living.
  • According to salary.com I can likely count on making $300,000 each year in my future job as a dermatologist.  My education/training to get that job will cost $200,000 total for all years of training.
  • I want to save $25,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $25,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $25,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $875,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that I should carefully plan how to spend my money so I can prepare for retirement and extra costs of living. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your expenses seems pretty accurate. I got around the same amount. I think it is good to start planning now. Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have a smart plan for the future. Good luck

    ReplyDelete