Friday, July 24, 2015

Grateful

I am very grateful for everything that has happened to me this summer. I have had some amazing experiences that I will never forget, and will be able to take with me to my next job. I have learned so much

CLASS
This class has been very beneficial to me for multiple reasons. First, it has allowed me to better understand the career world and what it is like as well as what is required of one to be able to succeed. I learned how to make a proper resume, a cover letter (which I never knew about before this class), and also learn to fill out a proper job application. I am very grateful that I have had the opportunity to learn all of these things and do them for practice before they actually matter, because it will make me that much better at them when I actually have to submit these things in the future. Learning these things really helped me become more confident, and I am very grateful for that. Being able to outline my goals for the future in a detailed manner, really helped me understand myself and figure out what my true values are and how I am going to achieve these goals.
I learned a lot about myself through the several personality tests we did, as well as being able to document my strengths, values, personality, biology, and passion on Waybook. Waybook was a great way for me to sort out my goals, and really helped me discover things about myself that I hadn't really thought about before. Also, I am very grateful to have learned about career readiness skills, and judge myself on what still needs improving and what I am already good at. For example, from this class I realized that I am actually a very effective communicator, but need to work on my professionalism. There are so many things this class has taught me about the career world and I am very grateful for all that I have learned this summer.

INTERNSHIP
This internship was the first real job I have ever had. It was definitely the highlight of my summer. I am very interested in the medical field, and this internship allowed me to explore the many different fields inside medicine and decide what is for me and what is not. I absolutely loved it. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity and be able to further explore the field that I am interested in. I have learned so much from this internship, and from it I have come to the conclusion that I want to be a surgeon. I have always wanted to go into pharmaceutical development or pediatrics, however during this internship I was able to go down to surgery a lot and witness remarkable surgeries while my supervisors were putting away drugs, and I am very grateful for that. Even though I had to do some boring things such as organizing drugs, it was still an internship of a lifetime. I absolutely loved working at Marin General Hospital, and I am now absolutely sure what I want to do with my life. I am also grateful for this opportunity because it de-mistified what it was like to work in a hospital, and really helped me step into other peoples shoes for once. It was an amazing internship and I will never forget it.

4 comments:

  1. I learned so much about my career as well! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Glad you had an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your internship sounds super interesting and such a great experience! Being in a hospital was definitely eye opening and such an amazing opportunity, I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like a a fun internship! Hope you had a great time and great work!

    ReplyDelete