Sunday, July 26, 2015

Blog Post #5: Being Grateful

Class
I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had with this class. At first I was quite scared going through with this class since I'm not much of a sociable person. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to interact with other kids well. I had a break through while taking this class and now I feel confident that I can interact with people. I also got to meet new people. This class pushed me to really think about the future and the things I want in life. For that I am grateful. It's a lot to think about especially with how close I am with finishing school.  Next thing I know, I'll be going to college... and medical school... and askdalskdjflakdsjfla doing all sorts of things to pursue my career.

Internship
I'm glad that I decided to do this internship.  On the first day that I officially started, the doctor that I was shadowing told me upfront that I need to be sure that I do want to be a doctor to be one.  He told me that if I was in it for the money, then I would be picking the wrong job. The doctors that I worked with emphasized that. They told me that I needed an actual reason to be a doctor because it is such an important job. Being able to do this internship has been such a wonderful experience. It definitely strengthened my interest in pursuing a career in medicine.  It's a whole new experience when a patient smiles at you with gleaming eyes because you have the chance to tell them that they're all better and that they are ready to go home. I've seen quite a lot of things at the hospital and never felt bored with spending six weeks of my summer there. I would definitely do it again. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice responses! I like how you mentioned how honest the doctor you were shadowing was to you about the career. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with your responses to how the class helped, and how the internship strengthened your interest in the medical field! Good luck as you enter the future! :)

    ReplyDelete