Thursday, July 16, 2015

Blog #4

  • The total of my future expenses each year are $98,000.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are http://www.natho.org/pdfs/KPMG_2011_Nursing_LaborCostStudy.pdf.
  • According to http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/registered-nurse/salary I can likely count on making $69,000 each year in my future job as a nurse.  My education/training to get that job will cost $40,000-200,000 total for all years of training.
  • I want to save $25,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $5,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $5,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $250,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think that I will be in debt for a long period of my life but it will be worth it because I will be doing the thing I love as opposed to earning a lot more doing something that I'm not passionate about.

2 comments:

  1. Great attitude toward your future! I share your worries about debt, but if you are doing what you love then it's all worth it. Keep up that positive outlook and you will be a happy person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you somehow cut down on your yearly costs, you probably won't be in too much debt! This could be done by having a significant other with a job or finding a cheaper place to live. Even if you do go into debt, it's great that you love what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete