Friday, July 24, 2015

Blog post #5

I was very thankful for this Career Readiness class. I learned a lot about myself, as well as my career preference. In this class, we took many tests that determined our personalities, goals, and strengths. Through these exams, I realized that I am a very cooperative person. I am very social and I work well with others. I also learned that I am organized, polite, and professional. This class also helped me understand and also look forward to my career preference. Some of the assignments in the class required us to research into our careers we aspired to achieve. I learned that a doctor, the occupation I aspire to be, makes a satisfying amount of money. It also has good job security as well. I would never have found out these things if it were not for this class.

I was also very happy with my internship. As I have said previously, I want to be a doctor when I grow up. Because of this, I took an intern ship at Sutter Health Novato Community Hospital. I helped in the Med Surg department, answering callights, helping patients, filing, etc. This position helped me become more satisfied with becoming a doctor. I became more comfortable in a hospital setting, and the idea of helping people is much more inviting as well. I am very glad I did this internship.

This program has been one of the most productive summer things I have ever done! Thanks Mr. Morales!

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you learned so much about yourself though this class. Knowing your strengths and personality will definitely help you in the long run. Good luck with your future endeavors in the medical world! It is a difficult career path but a rewarding one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that you found some self realization in this class, both in your professions and your personality. It was great meeting you in this class Erik Gentleman Cervantes, and I hope you succeed in life.

    ReplyDelete