Friday, July 10, 2015

Blog Post #3: Jobs


I have always loved science ever since elementary school.  In high school I have tried to take a wide variety of science classes to discover which one I like best by doubling up on science classes each year.  This year I doubled up on Physiology and AP Biology.   I really enjoyed both of these classes and found them extremely interesting.  I found to like them more than chemistry which I took last year.  So far I have narrowed it down to the biological sciences.  I have also wanted to become a doctor for as long as I can remember.  In college, I hope to either major in pre med or physiology.  Here is what I found for Biology majors:

Biology Major:

Biology Professor: may prepare and lead lectures, labs and classroom discussions.
Average salary: $87,835
Experience/education: doctorate degree in area of speciality, 12 years of experience in the field or related area.  Typically a leader in the field and has been published.
personality traits:  good at goal setting and accomplishing goals, able to balance a lot of task at once, works well with others.
How salary differs based on location: Salaries tend to be higher when job is closer to a majo city such as Los Angeles.

Family Physician: responsible for caring for any person of any age or gender.  They must provide care, prevent disease, help with diagnosis, treatment and recover.
Average Salary: $166,400
Experience/Education: degree in medicine from accredited school, 2-4 years of experience, license to practice.
Personality traits: must have good judgement to make good decisions for peoples lives.  Must have a lot of confidence in themselves and their practice.

Epidemiologist: an epidemiologist is  responsible for researching diseases and preventing the spread of them.
Average Salary: $89,780 
Experience/Education: requires a bachelors degree, at least 5 years of experience in the field,
Personality Traits: must be a leader with creativity and the ability to accomplish task quickly.




2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I love Biology, and I know this will be my major in college! It was interesting to read your blog! These professions are really interesting, and I love the fact that a B.A. in Bio can lead you anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jobs sound so interesting! I want to major in biology too possibly. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete