Sunday, July 19, 2015

Blog #4

  • The total of my future expenses each year are between $30,000-$40,000. This would include me living in San Francisco, in a small apartment with a roommate but still living lavishly. I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are http://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/san-francisco .
  • According to http://work.chron.com/much-baby-delivery-nurses-make-22504.html, I can likely count on making $53,670-$78,700 each year in my future job as a Labor and Delivery Nurse.  My education/training to get that job will cost roughly $91,000-$102,000 total for all years of training depending on which college i get in to. http://www.calstate.edu/sas/costofattendance/
  • I want to save $10,000-$15,000 for my rainy day fund, and $6,618 for retirement each year.  If I save $6,618 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $264,740 plus interest. However after residency, I will be making more money as a nurse so I will be putting more money into my retirement.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think about my future and my goals. I know that when I am older, I want to be able to live comfortably and have enough money to be happy with the things I do in my life. This means I might have to live less lavishly in my younger years and start thinking about money and saving now so that I can afford to live more comfortably later in life.




2 comments:

  1. Very good responses. I like how you said that you might have to live less lavishly in your younger year and start saving so you can afford to live more comfortably later in life. I agree with that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its great that you took notice of the fact that living in San Francisco will be more expensive, however living with a roommate will make it more manageable.

    ReplyDelete