Friday, July 24, 2015

Blog #5: Grateful

Class:
In the past 6 weeks that I have been attending these career readiness classes, I have learned so much and have gained a new perspective on my future. I have learned and practifed making an effective resume, coverletter and job application. I have also been supplied with the skills and qualities needed to be successful in a future career. This class really put to light the importance of the top 10 skills and qualities we learned about the first few weeks of class. We have been taught the need for connections and allies especially ones like from our internship. With only 18 hours spent in a classroom this summer, we are much more prepared than our other classmates and we are walking out of this with
not only college credit, but with the knowledge, skills, and paperwork to be successful in the future. This class truly has made me career ready!


Internship:
My internship was in the eduction department of MGH. Before this summer, I always talked about doing something like this where I could be in a medical environment surrounded by people who specialize in the subjects I am interested in. I never thought I would actually experience this in real life but this summer has proven me wrong. I am so appreciative of these last few weeks because they have played a significant role in my career options and choices. Before going into this internship, I knew I wanted to do something in the medical field but I wasn't sure what. As I prepare to leave, I walk out knowing that I do not want to sit at a desk all day long and do office work much like what j soent doing this summer. I now know that I want to do something more hands on and interactive. Overall, this experince was completely awesome and has truly motivsted me to keep a connection with MGH next summer as a volunteer.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding out what you want to do from your internship. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good idea to volunteer next summer because from what I've heard volunteering at Marin General is very hands on and you are more interactive with patients and employees in the hospital. I hope to do the same and get another view of the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand the sentiment of not wanting to sit down in front of a computer for hours on end doing office work :/ It is nice that this experience did not turn you off towards medicine, but instead gave you a clearer idea of what you will focus on for the future. Hope you get to volunteer at MGH next summer (the slots fill up very fast especially in the patient care team)!

    ReplyDelete